Last revised: July 25, 2007
- the types of personal data Culpepper Garden collects;
- how it collects these personal data;
- the specified, explicit and legitimate purposes for which it collects such data;
- the types of recipients to which it discloses personal data; and
- the choices and means by which individuals may access their personal data and limit their use and further processing, including sharing with third parties.
This policy also protects your privacy by assuring you that Culpepper Garden:
- implements reasonable policies and procedures to ensure that the personal data collected are adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which they are collected and/or for which they are further processed;
- does not further process personal data in a way incompatible with the purposes for which they were originally collected, except with the data subject's consent or by authority of law;
- implements reasonable policies and procedures to ensure that personal data are kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data were collected or for which they are further processed;
- takes appropriate technical and organizational precautions to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration, destruction or disclosure, and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
Information We Collect on Our Web Site
You are free to visit https://www.culpeppergarden.org without identifying yourself. If you wish to join our mailing list, we ask for contact information such as your name and e-mail address.
If you are interested in our services, we might request certain personal data, including your name, address, e-mail address and other personal data. Culpepper Garden also may, from time to time, request personal data for purposes such as the provision of customer service, service offerings, network management, surveys and other exchanges of information, as long as such personal data are adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which they are collected and for which they are further processed and provided that the personal data are not further processed in a way incompatible with those purposes.
Culpepper Garden gathers information about all users collectively, such as what areas of its sites users visit most frequently and what services users access most often. Culpepper Garden automatically logs session sources and other data that track users' access to this site and the other channels. These logs are analyzed for the overall, aggregate trends they reveal about our visitors, not for the behaviors of individual users. Culpepper Garden may disclose aggregated user statistics to describe the service to prospective partners, donors and other third parties and for other lawful purposes.
Please note that we do not knowingly solicit information from children, and we do not knowingly market our products or services to children.
Sharing the Information We Collect on Our Web Site
The information that you supply to Culpepper Garden through this site will never be given, sold, rented, loaned or otherwise disclosed to any third parties outside of Culpepper Garden, except when we have your express permission, or under special circumstances, such as when it is necessary to comply with legal process or protect the rights, property or personal safety of Culpepper Garden, its residents or the public.
We may share aggregated demographic information with our business partners and the press. This is not linked to any personal data that can identify any individual person.
Sharing Information with Our Partners
Our trusted processors (vendors, subcontractors and other similar business partners) are responsible for processing some of the personal data that we receive on our behalf. These processors are not authorized to use such personal data for purposes beyond those specified by us.
Links and Third-Party Collection
Message Boards and Other Communications
Culpepper Garden is not responsible for maintaining as confidential any personal or other data posted by you on message boards hosted by our Web site or otherwise communicated to this Web site and domain. Disclosing such personal data in this way makes this publicly available information unless expressly stipulated by Culpepper Garden.
Updating Personal Data
If you have personal data changes, such as change of address, or no longer desire our service, you may contact us by sending a message to email@example.com.