Independent Living – COVID-19 Update – 11/27/20
Dear Independent Living Residents and Family Members,
We continue to work diligently in the entire Culpepper Garden community to keep our residents safe and healthy during the continuing COVID-19 pandemic. This notice is to update the Culpepper Garden Community that we have received notification that one of the private health aides serving two clients in the independent living building tested positive for the coronavirus. The private health aide was last in the building on Wednesday November 18th and served two residents. These residents show no symptoms and are quarantined in their units. Currently there are no positive COVID-19 cases in Assisted Living or Independent Living staff or residents. We continue to screen all staff & authorized essential visitors upon entry to the building, including taking their temperature.
We test staff regularly to identify individuals who may be positive for COVID-19 but may be pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic. We continue to take the precaution of allowing only medically essential visits or privately hired care givers inside the building.
The following protocols remain in place in the independent living Culpepper Garden apartments:
- Staff are continuing to frequently disinfect common area surfaces.
- Residents should always require aides or other essential health care workers to wear a mask and gloves in their units.
- Aides are not permitted to use any common areas; they are to proceed directly after screening to their assigned resident and remain inside or with the resident for the duration of the visit. NOTE: Laundry and walks with the resident outside the unit or on the grounds are permitted.
- All aides doing resident laundry will be restricted to using the 5th floor laundry room.
- All staff & aides are screened upon entry with temperature checked and recorded.
- All aides are always required to wear masks and gloves in the building.
- All staff are required to wear a mask in the building.
Anyone entering the building must be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19, including a temperature check. We continue to follow the infection control measures as provided by the CDC:
- Wash and sanitize of hands for 20 seconds or more as often as possible; and avoid touching face, mouth, and eyes
- Wear a mask whenever in public or when an aide or staff member is in the apartment.
- Cover a cough or sneeze.
- Maintain a “physical distance” of at least six (6) feet from any other individual.
- Frequently disinfect areas of activity and touch points
- Monitor health for symptoms and stay away from others if sick
COVID-19 numbers in the community are increasing. We continue to be diligent and to evaluate our protocols to protect everyone. We appreciate all that the community and residents do every day to support our efforts in this continuing challenge.
Thank you for the continued support and understanding. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Paul J. Timpane
Director, Property Operations