Independent Living COVID-19 Update – 3/31/20
Dear Residents and Family Members,
Please read this important update completely for new information and policies here at Culpepper Garden. As of this printing there are over 100 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Arlington County. This puts confirmed cases of the virus at our doorstep and in our immediate community. We are continuing to expand our efforts to contain transmission of the virus through known and unknown carriers to the Culpepper Garden community. We are strongly advising residents to limit any outside trips or visits with anyone. We expect families and visitors to limit visits as well. All visits are risky.
The following rules are now in effect at Culpepper Garden:
- No guests or family visits will be permitted.
- Only essential visitors or registered private aides will be permitted. Aides or essential visitors must be registered with management for approval prior to any visit. All unscheduled visits will be denied entry. Everyone entering will be screened.
- All deliveries from any source, including families, must be left at the front desk for resident pick up. No deliveries of any type will be permitted inside the building.
- All residents & outside guests and staff must maintain a social separation distance of 6 feet.
- All residents returning to Culpepper Garden must be screened and wash their hands and use the sanitizers available at the front desk. We strongly advise residents to remain in their unit and the building to limit exposure in the community and to the community. Residents that leave campus must be screened upon their return by answering the required CDC questionnaire. Residents who respond yes to any screening question will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Residents must notify management of any exposure or symptoms of COVID-19 illness.
Please understand that this is an extraordinary emergency health threat, requiring extraordinary actions. Culpepper Garden is committed to the safety and well-being of our residents, guests and staff. We will take every precaution to that end. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Director, Property Operations