Innovations in Healthy Aging Challenge
Funding and real-world pilot opportunities for three winners developing innovative technology for seniors
Join the Innovation in Aging Challenge and present your best ideas on innovative technology for seniors. Be one of three winners selected and take home the $12,000 prize to fund your concept.
Entrepreneurs, innovators, and technologists are increasingly focused on the growth opportunities serving adults over age 62.
Do you have a business that is helping older adults leverage new technology to stay healthy, improve their mobility, or better connect to their families and communities?
Do you want to trial your innovative approaches in a real-world setting by getting valuable feedback from older adults, health care providers, businesses and customer testimonials?
If so, Culpepper Garden and Arlington County government are hosting a unique competition to identify and provide funding and pilot program opportunities for innovative companies and technologies focused on helping improve the lives of low-income seniors. Note this competition is sponsored by Culpepper Garden and its nonprofit owner, Arlington Retirement Housing Corporation (ARHC).
Culpepper Garden and ARHC are celebrating 50 years as an award-winning residential community that was one of the nation’s first to serve the needs of low-income seniors as they age in place. Culpepper Garden is home to over 340 residents and located in the heart of the growing technology hub of Arlington, VA (just outside Washington, DC).
This competition is open to companies and individuals from early seed stage to established corporations from around the world. Participants have the opportunity to:
- Win $12,000 in funding for each of the top three winners;
- Pilot their technology or approach at Culpepper Garden and a formal evaluation to provide to future customers;
- Become a leader in social impact technology benefitting low income seniors;
- Build relationships with competition judges including venture capitalists, medical professional, company CEOs, and government officials;
- Receive mentoring, feedback and advice from health care providers, senior and assisted living experts, older adults and other stakeholders;
- Solicit customer testimonials; and
- Recognition and publicity about their companies and technologies.
October 11, 2019
Finalists Notified by:
November 4, 2019
In person Pitch Day Competition and Award Selections:
November 18, 2019 at Arlington Economic Development, located at 1100 N. Glebe Road. Arlington, VA.
Note: Registration is required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.